Tuesday, May 16, 2006

STILL HERE

I just wanted to leave a short note and apologize for not posting in a few days. I have been without a topic that I wanted to expound on for a few days. I will post tomorrow, hopefully. I think it's time I carry a notepad and jot down ideas as they come into my brain, so I can remember later that I want to write about them.

For now I will say that I hope all the Moms out there had a great Mother's Day. I wish the weather was a bit nicer, so we could have all gotten outside and cooked on the grill. The weather here in New York was rainy and cool, more geared for April than May. We had a mild winter so I shouldn't complain. Hopefully the Northeast summer won't be a rainy one. Last year was excellent all summer. If you have a pool, you got a lot of use out of it last year.

Better weekends are coming, obviously, and we'll all be out there cooking up a storm. And what do we need when we cook outside? Sauce, folks, we need sauce. Barbecue, or BBQ sauce is what we need. May I suggest taking a look over at the right hand side of the page and clicking on The Sauce Site? When you enter the main area, you will find links on the left side for several places and sauces. Today, I'd like to suggest clicking on the link for Hot Sauces (even though we're looking for BBQ sauces), which will bring you to a list of sites. Try clicking on the link for Cosmic Chile. This is a website and mail order catalog that you can get that features a TON of great hot sauces and barbecue sauces.

Though I know alot of people are wary of hot sauces, I'd like to point you to their BBQ sauce section. Now, they don't sell my personal favorite, Sweet Baby Ray's Original. But they have some REALLY great sauces you can experiment with. Cosmic Chile includes a little flame symbol next to certain products that gives you an idea of its heat index. Let me help you choose a couple to try. These are Barbecue sauces that I've tried myself and enjoyed. First for those of you looking for something with a Mild heat index, please try Cowtown BBQ Sauce. There's a reason it won an award in 2001. Very nice. Next, for those of you who like a little kick to their grilling, try Stubbs Legendary BBQ sauce. You can find this in local grocery stores, occasionally. Also, for something a little less ordinary, one of my favorites is Roadhouse Hot & Spicy BBQ sauce. Now it's not extremely hot, but it does have a kick. But what makes this sauce exceptional is its sweetness. What's that you say? Sweet and hot? Yes. Roadhouse is made with raisins and pineapples, and you can see the chunks right in the sauce. If you're not afraid of a little heat, this is a great sauce to experiment with. Finally, for those of you that like thinks with a bigger kick (c'mon, don't be afraid), try Billardello Brothers BBQ sauce. This is a 2-time State Championship winner and is one of my all-time favorites. There's none in my fridge right now because I ate it all. Go figure.

Remember, these are not marinades, but grilling sauces. Meaning, that as you grill your meats, you keep brushing on the sauce and turning the meat. Brushing and turning, brushing and turning.

Often times we get into a rut with the same old, same old. I think cooking and food, in general, is something that you should keep experimenting with. Life is an adventure, don't you think? Why not have some fun when we do our cooking and try some new things? A great place to try new things is with Barbecue, or BBQ, Sauces. And you can find a ton of them by exploring the world of sauces at www.thesaucesite.com Just look to the right, there's a link right there.

Thanks for stopping by. You show how smart a person you are by reading this blog when published. Why? Because, my friends, Len Is Right.

I am Len Tollerton
Peace and Good Health to all.

No comments: