Wednesday, February 13, 2008

ACROSS THE UNIVERSE

Hey there People:
I hope your day went well today, or is going well, depending on what time you are reading this. I'm doing pretty good, except for the fact that it's shitting here in the Great Northeast. That means it's snowing. It's been really cold and now comes the snow and ice. I just keep thinking, I'm only a little over 7 years from getting my 30 in at Amtrak. After that, I'm outta here. I hope. Just not a big fan of winter. Within 7 years, I'll hopefully have hit the Mega Bucks for around 20 or 30 million and I can spend winters in the South and summers right here in upstate NY. One can hope, right?

Hey, I'd like to recommend a movie to all of you out there. It's called Across The Universe. It's a musical that takes place in the 60's, Telling a story about an English kid who falls in love with an American girl. ALL of the music in this movie is Beatles music. Each song fits right in with the plot and each scene. If you like the Beatles, even a little, I'd recommend that you rent this flick. If you don't like the Beatles, then pass on this one. I really enjoyed it. Patty thought it was a tad long (a little over 2 hours).

RUSH
I was able to score 4 inside seats for the Rush concert at Saratoga Performing Arts Center (July 5th) this past weekend. Yeah, BABY!! Decent seats, too, right in the middle of the house. Paid a ton of money for them (with taxes and fees around $110 each). My friend Roy and his son Skyler will probably grab Lawn tickets, so I might end up selling these and just buy Lawn tickets for myself, Connor and Jackson and just hang out with those guys. But I'm very psyched to be seeing this band again. They are so tight onstage and so talented, that you can't help but having a great time at their show. Hopefully, Roy and I will get the chance to go to Mohegan Sun two days later and see them there, courtesy of our friend who is on the Tribal Council (actually the Treasurer of the Mohegan Sun complex). He hooked us up with 3rd Row Center for free last year. But the summer looks to be shaping up. Can't wait.

Trust me...see this band if you can, this summer. They rock it out.
Later people.
I am,
Len Tollerton
And you know that LEN IS RIGHT!!

No comments: