Sunday, April 13, 2008

MASTERS WEEKEND

Minions:
How was your weekend? Pretty quiet over here in Colonie. Yours truly stepped out on Friday evening with good friend Tony Sansone for a couple of cocktails at the Fuller Roadhouse and then a couple more at Appletini's.

Friend Sansone stopped with the alcohol early on and switched to Red Bulls. This signaled me that he was planning on being out late. I don't get into caffeine, so no Red Bull, and I've gotta go easy on the drinking because I worry about DWI's. It ended up being an early night for me because I was done. I felt bad, however, cause Tony was hepped up on the Bull. I'm hoping he went out for a couple of more drinks closer to his house on the way home.

You know, I've kind of realized that going out drinking, for me, is a waste of time, unless there's a band I like playing, because I'm not a big drinker. I generally don't engage in talking to any women, because I'm married. I mean, I'll go out and stay out. I guess I just wasn't into it as much as I'd thought I would be. Sorry Tone. Maybe next time, I'll be more into knocking back some drinks.. Only...you'll have to drive for me to do that. I just won't take the risk. I guess I've become old and boring. I should probably live in Amsterdam, Holland. THOSE bars I'd probably stay out all night. I think you get my drift.

THE MASTERS
Okay, I could tell on Saturday that Tiger was not going to win the Green Jacket this year without help from the leaders. Why? When I see Tiger lipping or just missing putts by a c-hair, I know it's not his week. Today, after making this 75-foot putt on the 11th hole for Birdie, I figured Tiger was going to run and steal the tourney, by putting alot of pressure on the eventual winner, Trevor Immelman. But when Tiger missed a short Birdie attempt on 13, I pretty much turned off the TV, knowing I'd only be watching to see if Immelman was going to have a back-nine meltdown. And except for one hole, it didn't happen. So, congrats to him. See ya at the U.S. Open in June.

Alright, let's hear from you people. Anyone feel like responding with column suggestions, comments, hard-to-ask questions? Is anyone besides Tom the Big-Game Hunter and BVA in FLA, and good friend Mary Burgess reading or responding? C'mon people, I need ya. You know I love ya. Get back to me.

I am,
Len Tollerton

No comments: