Wednesday, September 27, 2006

THE METS, T.O., AND OTHER STUFF

Hello:
Working the day shift has limited my time to type posts on this blog. I will continue to post when I can, but it will not be on a daily basis, obviously. My apologies to the minions. But don't go away or give up hope. I'll still be here. In truth, it is I who should be annoyed. Except for She Is From Hell and the Edge O.D., no one responds. Are you guys out there?

ENOUGH WHINING.....WHAT'S UP WITH THE METS?
Things are not looking that great for the NY Mets right now. They seem to have lost the magic and run out of gas. Did they shoot their load too early and punch themselves out before the playoffs even begin? Jeez, they played so well all year, and to think that because of a couple of injuries late in the season that they're going to fade from existence. They way they're hitting right now, they'll be lucky to get out of the First Round, let alone make the Series. And forget it if they have to play the Yankees. Except for their 3 late relievers, (Guillermo Mota, Aaron Heilmann, and Billy Wagner) the pitching staff is sucking right now. I won't stand for this shit!! I've been a Met fan too darn long and watched the HATED Braves run over the Division for so long, that I won't tolerate a collapse like this. WAKE UP METS!! You better flip the "ON" switch and get back to pounding your opponents, or people won't even remember what a great regular season you had.

TERRELL OWENS....OH...MY...GODDDDDDD
I thought I was tired of the circus surrounding this guy before. Now I'm REALLY exhausted. And I've got this guy on my Fantasy team. And although the guy is a jerk and a pain-in-the-ass, I don't blame him as much as i blame the media. You know, it's like one of the reporters decided to start a little, untrue rumor just to get a shitstorm started. For every responsible reporter who works hard to get a story correct, it seems that there are 20 who are looking to cause trouble, or break a story so they can get famous. I'd really like them ALL, Owens, the reporters, and the rest of the media to just go away for about a month. It gets to be like the wall of white noise you have to deal with when you go to Chuck E. Cheese's. It's just an endless drone that makes your brain cringe, first, then shut down.

THE RYDER CUP
What an absolute embarassment. Phil Mickelson should decline to play in this event from now on. 1-9-1 in his last 11 matches in the Ryder Cup. He may be # 2 in the world, but he sucks when it comes to this format. On the other side of the coin, it is always fun and refreshing watching and hearing the European fans during this event. They sing, cheer, and have fun with their team. They actually have a National-type of pride for this thing. Do Americans even care? Well, I do. I love the competition, the varied format of matches and the camaraderie of some of the players. I only wish it mattered as much to the American players as it does the Europeans. I think it only matters to these guys when they realize they're about to get trounced. "Oh shit, we're down 12-6. Maybe we can grab a miracle and make an 8 1/2 to 2 1/2 comeback. Oh well, I guess we lose again. I wonder how my Mutual Funds did today." C'mon guys, the fans care, why can't you?

OTHER STUFF
Very enjoyable day last Saturday as Roy the G.B. King and I played golf in Rob the Bounty Hunter's batchelor party/golf outing/poker tournament. Roy and his partner Rich won the golf tourney, which was a two-man best ball event. Their score was +3. I teamed with good friend Tim G. We couldn't do anything right. When one of us made a great shot, we could never follow it up with another one. We finished at +15!! I'm alot better player than Tim, so I can't blame him. I played like shit, maybe the worst I've played in 3 years. We still had fun though.

The poker tourney, however, worked out fine for me. I finished 2nd. There was only 15 players, so the payout was only $180 for 2nd place. But I played very well, very solid, and I'm liking my game right now. If I had enough Buy-In money, I'd play in more tourneys. My confidence level for playing No-Limit Hold-'Em is pretty high right now. I really think I can hold my own with just about anyone. So, it was a good day.

BIRTHDAY GOLF OUTING--This Friday is the annual Birthday Golf Outing. Every year for the last 10 years Robbie, the Ancient Hockey Player and I have played golf for our birthday (his is 9/30 and mine is 10/1). For the 2nd straight year, we will be playing with 2 teams of four, in a scramble format. The evil team led by Jeff the Palooka won by a shot last year. My team wants revenge this year, so we'll be meeting Friday morning at Schenectady Municipal to settle the score. By the way, all gifts can be sent to me at my home. I appreciate all efforts.

BATHROOM PROJECT--This thing has slowed way down. We're 1 1/2 to 2 weeks from finishing and the contractor has run into a bunch of unrelated problems that have delayed progress. Goodness, Lord, can a brother get a break.

That's it for now. Hope to speak with you all soon.
Len is Tardy, Len Is Lazy, but Len is Right.
Book it.
I am
Len Tollerton

1 comment:

Len Tollerton said...

My dear:
As I've stated before, I can answer most questions that you have, and can give you wry commentary on just about any subject. Had I known you had a question about whether shitstorm was one word or two, I would have addressed it earlier.

Take "dickcheese", for example. When using the word as a noun, such as when speaking of residue left after sex, it is two words---dick cheese. However, it can also be used as a descriptive nickname, like when you say to your buddy, "Hey Dickcheese!" In that case it is just one word.

I hope this clarifies things.