Tuesday, October 03, 2006

OCTOBER

Greetings:
October has arrived, the NFL is in full-swing and the baseball playoffs have begun. I hope everyone had a great weekend. I started off my weekend by playing in the traditional birthday golf outing on Friday. Rob the Hockey Player and Rob the Bounty Hunter joined me at Schenectady Muni on a very rainy morning. We were supposed to have 8 golfers and ended up with 3 because of prior committments and the poor weather conditions. Hockey Player's birthday was 9/30 and mine was 10/1, and for the last 10 years we have played a round of golf on the Friday nearest our birthdays. last year we had 8 players and played a 2-team scramble that everyone enjoyed. We tried to get the same teams together this year, at the same scene of the crime. Instead, we had a 3-man match. I gave strokes to both Robs so the match would be fair. We played a game called Nines, which is a game for 3 players, where you get 1 point for a bogey, 2 for a Par , and 3 for a Birdie, with each point being worth a Quarter. We also played Greenies (closest to the pin on Par-3's and you must make the Par). I won 3 and Hockey Player won 1. The Bounty Hunter ended up getting fleeced for the day. We were VERY wet for the first 7 holes, then the rain let up and we were able to have fun. So, it was a good day.

Saturday, lovely Patty took me to DelMonico's for dinner. Except for an exceptional appetizer called Bella Napoli (Italian Nachos), the rest of the meal sucked. The steak was really fatty and not really outstanding and Patty's chicken, pasta, broccoli, and mushroom dish was horrendous. The marinara was too sweet. From now on, if I want a steak, I'm going to the Barnsider. And if I want Italian, I'm going to D'Raymond's.

Sunday, the family was over to celebrate my birthday with a dinner of ribs and potato latkes. Very enjoyable.

MLB PLAYOFFS
Here are my predictions for the First Round of the baseball playoffs:
American League
Yankees vs. Tigers--Yanks just too much. Yanks win in 4.
A's vs. Twins--Despite losing Game 1, I think the Twins will prevail in 5.

National League
Mets vs. Dodgers--Mets starting rotation is hurting, but I think their offense will be enough to win in 4 games.
Padres vs. Cardinals--Despite losing Game 1 at home, I think the Pods will take it in 5.

FOOTBALL
It was a fairly good week for me football-wise. My Chiefs won 41-0 and my Fantasy team the Assassins soundly defeated the defending champs, the Kaos Kids, 87-53...and won $10 in the process. The only down-side to the week was that I picked Jacksonville in both of my Survivor pools and lost and am now out of both.

RANDOMS
Everyone seems excited, or at least happy, that gas prices are now at the $2.60 level. It IS better than $3.09, but doesn't it suck to think that we're happy to be paying $2.60? We've played right into the gas companies wishes by being happy and accepting this. Make no mistake, none of them care about the American Public. If they did, they would have been happy making 18-25 Billion instead of the record breaking 36 Billion of last year and not socked it to our wallets so bad. Bunch of scum.

I'm looking forward to seeing the movies The Illusionist and The Prestige, both about magicians. Also, I'm looking forward to The Departed, with DiCaprio, Nichloson, and Damon. I also read today that Robert Downey Jr. has been signed to play Iron Man, the comic-book superhero. I've always been a fan of Downey, even when he was in trouble. I think he's one of America's best actors and I try to see most of his flicks.

Do other countries have crazies running around like we had in Amish country this weekend? Oklahoma City, Waco, Columbine, etc... do we have the corner on lunatics?

Amtrak, and working at Amtrak, sucks massive donkey d**k. Will somebody PLEEZE offer me a job making $50,000, utilizing my talents, even though I don't have a college diploma? Help a brother out, will ya? You trust me, don't you? You're getting alot and a large asset when you get me.

How do I know? Because LEN IS RIGHT!!
I am,
Len Tollerton

No comments: