Friday, January 09, 2009

1ST WEEK BOWLING RESULTS

Hey all:
Here are my scores from last night's bowling. Please remember that this is a 9-pin No-Tap format. This means if you get 9 pins on your first ball, it counts as a strike.

239, 250, 249. That equals 738 for my triple. In truth I probably would have averaged around 180, cause I'm good at converting my spares, especially 1-pin spares.

It turns out that there are only a few "serious" bowlers in the league. I would ut most of the people around a 140 average, if that. It was fun. First pitcher was on the house, there were 50/50 drawings throught the house, and our league gets 5 prize giveaways each week (pint glasses, free food at the snack bar, free games of open bowling and free Quick Draw plays. Very casual and just fun. A great format for couples who just want to have a good time and not worry about their scores, cause nothing's sanctioned.

All of the team names are beer names. My team is Heineken.

We still have spots open for 5 bowlers. So, if you're in the area and looking for something fun to do on Thursday nights, come and join the league.

Okay, it's 8:00 a.m. on Friday. Gotta get to the gym by 9:00. Talk with you soon, my minions. LEN IS RIGHT, let's not forget.

I am,
Len Tollerton

No comments: