Friday, January 09, 2009

OH, HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED

Minions:
Just another short post to tell you about a groundshaking thing I saw today.

While at Planet Fitness today, I ran into Jess Koehler, daughter of longtime friend Kevin the Roller. Nothing strange about that. But lo, what did my eyes see Ms. Koehler wearing???

None other than a NY METS T-SHIRT!!!! With a number 5 on the back, for David Wright.

Let me explain. Jess and her mom Barb have been my arch-nemeses these past 10 years as baseball fans. As you know, I bleed the Blue and Orange of the Mets. These two ladies were hard-core Chipper "Make me puuuuuuuuke" Jones/Marcus Giles and their team the retched, hated, wish they all got ahtlete's foot Atlanta Braves. I mean, I HATE the Braves. And the Koehler women always hammered me with the successive Division Championships, while the Mets were awful. It was even better for them when the Braves beat the Mets in the playoffs.

Then, Marcus Giles left the Braves to start playing on the Padres. Jess started rooting for the Padres because of Giles. Jones, the piece of garbage, stayed with the Braves. Now Giles has signed with the HATED Phillies. Of course you know this means war.

But I get away from my point. The fact that anyone from the Koehler household is wearing a NY METS shirt is like fans of Derek Jeter walking around with Red Sox caps on. Can you dig that? Gotta give this an honest 6.2 on the Richter Scale.

I win.
LEN IS RIGHT.
I am,
Len Tollerton

2 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very fine......

Anonymous said...

Planet Fitness has a rule of NO DOO RAGS. It will be hard to enforce that when we have President #44 wearing one to Cabinet meetings. Perhaps they could have a rule of "no team shirts with the number of some overpaid athlete who would not even spit on you if he had the chance"