Friday, June 23, 2006

WHY I HATE ORGANIZED RELIGION

Hey World, what's up?
My last post had to do with the U.S. Open. I never mentioned the winner's name, which is Geoff Ogilvy. He did what he had to at the end, and sat by as the last two groups gagged on the last hole, to back into the title. I think you'll be hearing alot more from this Aussie youngster. But that's not what I want to talk about today.

OKAY SATAN, WHY DO YOU HATE RELIGION?
Simply stated folks, I hate organized religion because it has become the root of alot of the evil in our world today. I know you think this might just be about Islam-bashing, but read on. I will get to the Muslims in time. But I think I'll start right at home.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
I grew up a Catholic, went to a Catholic elementery school till 4th grade, sent my kids to a Catholic school for a while, and occasionally still attend Catholic church services, but only for Christmas and to be with the family. My problems with the Catholic church stem from the hoarding of wealth, and the need to hold people down with some of their foolish rules. What is a foolish rule? No meat on Fridays during Lent (why?) Get your baby baptized right away, cause if it dies it won't go to heaven. (c'mon, will ya?) You're not allowed to receive Communion unless you go to Confession (now called Reconciliation). Do you think Jesus would deny someone a meal, just because they didn't apologize for their sins? Please.

I recently saw a picture of Pope Benedict. He was dressed in red shoes, a gold lame outer robe, a high "House of Whoville" hat and a "fabulous" ceremonial walking stick or shepherd's hook...I don't know. He'll dress like that, but doesn't want people to see or read The Da Vinci Code because he thinks it'll make people think strangely about the Church. He has no tolerance for gays, but dresses like a radical drag queen with archaic and UNREALISTIC beliefs.

But as long as we give the Church our money, we can get into heaven. Toe the line and you will be saved. Isn't this why Martin Luther broke with the church in the 1500's?

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, BORN-AGAIN CHRISTIANS, AND ANY OTHER FUNDAMENTALIST CHRISTIAN NEO-RIGHT WING ORGANIZATION THAT PROFESSES TO KNOW IT ALL
First, the Jehovahs. Dude, 144,000 people are all God is accepting into heaven? The rest will either be born again to live on the planet, or stay dead in their graves (if you don't accept Jesus as your personal savior)? You holier than thou snobbish bastards. I'll bet you the million dollars that I don't have that NONE of the Jehovahs I know, or know of, are on the guest list. "C'mon Marge, it's our turn to get into heaven. We've both been exemplary Jehovahs all of our lives. There must be room for us. What??!! What do you mean we can't get in? I prayed and built 5 Kingdom Halls myself! I never acknowledged Christmas, Easter, or my, or anyone else's birthday, and never sang a song for pleasure. I deserve a spot next to the Father, dammit! Oh shit, I didn't mean to say dammit! I meant to say, why me Lord? I thought I was on ther guest list. Ahhh forget it Marge. I guess they lost our Reservation. Now we have to spend eternity alongside the Tollertons. Ahhh shit!!"

This whole rant doesn't just apply to the Jehovahs. It applies to all you condescending, looking-down-your-nose, holding your hand up in the air to Jesus while you sing hymns, know it all, insufferable pains in the ass Born Again Christians and Fundamentalists who think that your intolerance of others who haven't accepted Jesus is what's going to save you in the long run.

Wake up, cause here's The Message from Jesus. Live in Peace. Love Your Fellow Man (person for PC-ness). You think you have all the answers and that you know what He would say. What Would Jesus Do? Who Knows? I can tell you he probably wouldn't be practicing Intolerance of any kind. Do you think he's going to send all Buddhists, Jews, Hindus, and Muslims to hell? Some of each group probably deserve it, but I doubt the majority do, just because they haven't accepted Jesus into their lives. Crackuh Puhhleeez.

MUSLIMS AND THE ISLAMIC PEOPLE OF THE WORLD
Look folks, we know you're not all like the terrorists of the world. We know that the VAST majority just want to live in peace, enjoy their lives, raise their children without the probability of horrific violent death just like the rest of the Western world. Most of us in America realize that the people in our country go over the top with the way we act. Too much consumtion of food, gas, alcohol, drugs, entertainment, freedom. We can understand why many other nations hate our country. We know you just want to respect the Koran, and observe your own religious practices.

But tell me, WHY DOES EVERYONE IMMIGRATE TO AMERICA? Because here, you have the freedom to be whomever you want to be. You can own a bodega, you can watch TV, you can go to school wherever you want, you can take care of your family, you can practice your religion. How many Americans leave to move to other countries?

In the Islamic faith there are many different sects that claim to be the one true way. The Shiites, the Sunnis, etc...ad nauseum. They believe if they kill the Infidel they'll be guaranteed a place in heaven and be given 72 virgins to spend eternity with. Hey guys... guess what....any man that wants to hang out with 72 women everyday is either gay, deaf, or has a death wish. C'mon dude. 72 virgins? Chances are all 72 of them are fat, toothless and don't bathe on a regular basis. Jeez, Allah, sign me up for that. I want decadence in heaven with women who refuse to bathe or shave (the reason why they're virgins), instead of some gorgeous blonde, with a body that moves mountains, and has a plan for personal hygiene right here on Earth. Terrorist for what reason? Get Real!

THE JEWS
No offense folks, but let's face it. You've got ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT. You've got most of the wealth. You control most of the entertainment, sports and banking worlds. None of you are destitute. You've never been poor. You've never been persecuted. At least no one who has lived in the last 100 years in America. Oh sure, your ancestors were kept down. You didn't have your own homeland till 1948 (Israel), or the 1920's if you consider Hollywood, Long Island, and Miami (until the Hispanics took over a few years ago). Now you have a monopoly on most of the rest of Florida.

And still you bitch about EVERYTHING. My food's not right. Mel Gibson's movie made us look bad (please, it made Italians look worse). I can't get good coffee. My son married a Gentile. Who shops at Wal Mart? Oh, we can't let our kids hang out with Asians. Yada-yada-yada. Shut up and try getting along with the rest of us without hoarding EVERYTHING! You don't need to own the whole world. You can't take it with you. And your kids are probably going to put it up their nose or spend it on a (Ethnicity of your choice) stripper. How 'bout playing nice and getting along, huh?

THE BUDDHISTS
Have you ever met a violent, complaining, holier-than-thou, snobbish, pain-in-the-ass Buddhist? No. I didn't think so. Peace, harmony, happiness, and love are what real Buddhists are about. They worship the Earth and things in nature around them.

Those people I respect. If I was to bring myself to join an organized religion, it would be the Buddhists. You want to know where REAL POWER comes from? Look down. You're standing on it. The Earth, people. It's the only real, tangible, unstoppable force you need be concerned with. Did God or Allah, or Jesus or Siva, or any of the other deities send the earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis, blizzards, heat waves, or humidity? NO! NO! NO! The power of the Earth sent it all to you. The planet does what it wants. It pays no attention to God or Satan. And there's not thing one any of you out there can do about it. When the planet belches lava, or cracks and swallows half a city along with 100,000 people, or Katrina storms and destroys New Orleans, do you think that was Sodom and Gomorrah? Afraid not folks. It was just the Planet Earth reminding us who is Boss. Mother Earth.

I know this because.....LEN IS RIGHT, dammit. I invite your comments.
Please click on the new links I have posted and visit my sponsors. There's alot of quality stuff there. Also, check out The Sauce Site for some great add-ons to all your meals.
http://www.thesaucesite.com

I am,
Len Tollerton
Thanks for visiting and reading my rant.

No comments: