Thursday, November 22, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

Hello my friends and relatives:
May you and your families enjoy your time with each other on Turkey Day. Please try to be as safe as possible, and remember that getting there is more important than getting there quickly.

Hey, I'm hoping to insert a daily poll question onto this site, if I can get the info from Blogger. That will at least give you all a reason to show up here.

TODAY'S MAKESHIFT THANKSGIVING POLL QUESTION
Of course, we all generally have turkey, mashed taters, squash, stuffing (dressing), rolls, cranberry sauce of some kind, and pumpkin, apple, mincemeat, or sweet potato pies. What LEN IS RIGHT would like to know is: What are some of the foods that your family makes, or likes, or were served at the place you were eating, that were out of the "ordinary?" I mean, do you or someone in your family make something that doesn't generally translate to traditional Thanksgiving? A little seafood on the half-shell? Turkey liver pate' from a freshly-killed turkey? A different kind of vegetable casserole? Some kind of wild dessert? I know our friend, Tom "the serious game hunter" from Florida eats, pretty much, only meat he has hunted. Fortunately for me, we got to pass on the green bean casserole with the fried onions on top. How about a special holiday cocktail? TELL ME WHAT YOU MAKE OR LIKE, AMERICA!!
Just log in and become a member, like the Edge of Darkness or She Who Is In Hell, or Shadow. It's not hard to do and I'd like to get your opinions.

ONCE AGAIN WITH OLD WOOD
Once again for those who missed it, please join me, Patty , and Roy tomorrow (Friday) night at Cheers' Roadhouse on Fuller Rd. for Jeff the Palooka's band, Old Wood. Starts around 9:30. Hope to see you there.

HOW 'BOUT THEM GAS PRICES?
I'll say it again. Record profits reported by the oil companies (Exxon/Mobil, etc...), new highs for a barrel of oil, and right now, today $3.28 for regular gas at a local Exxon (generally higher than most). That's lucky for the kids of the corporate execs. They'll all be getting Wii's and ipods, and Playstation 3's ($600), and new cars for Christmas. This is all done on the backs of YOU, the American consumer. Have a nice day. Oh BTW, the guy behind the counter at the gas station does not make the prices, he just collects the money. Don't yell at him, it's not his fault. He's paying the same as you.

MESSAGE FOR THE WICCAN'S DAUGHTER
Hey Rebecca! I heard you recently quit cooking because you didn't get along with, or had a falling out with a teacher. I was really disappointed by that. From what I know of you, you've got a fierce determination inside of you. I've heard you really like cooking. Maybe it's a passion. Hey, let me tell you something. And you better listen, ya knucklehead. If you're going to let certain people dissuade you from your dreams, if you're going to let one snag in the road, one contrary person get in the way of going for your dreams, if you're going to let adversity dictate your life, rather than YOU DICTATE to adversity, you're going to get nowhere in life. You'll end up being some lowly railroad worker wondering, someday, what happened to your life. Not Kidding. I don't know you that well, but I know this: You're young, ambitious, and maybe you have a passion. Ride that Passion, kid. Don't be a "woulda-coulda-shoulda." Be a "I want it, I'm going to Get it"-type person. Find a new teacher. Seek out new techniques to learn. Go talk to Carmine Sprio, who owns Carmines and ask him for some advice. Maybe he'll let you be on his TV show, which is taped in his restaurant on Central Ave. Don't throw it away, girl. You WILL regret it later. GET TO WORK!!

BLACK FRIDAY
My friend, Chuck, the E.O.D, will have his family in the mall at 6:00 a.m. tomorrow to take advantage of all the big early-bird specials at the stores. It's become a yearly family tradition at the Younger Luce household. I'd like to wish Chuck, Trish and the girls best of luck tomorrow, ya freaks.

For the rest of you, do yourself and ME a big favor. STAY AT HOME. I need to run some errands...NOT XMAS SHOP, tomorrow. I don't need you screwball pseudo-bargain-hunting wack-a-moles out on my town's streets delaying me from getting out of my street or finding a gosh darn parking space. And believe me, I have no problem parking in the outer reaches and making a 5-minute walk to the building. It would just be nice to find a parking space at all.

So, if you are a fan of LEN IS RIGHT, or you're hoping to become RIGHT, yourself, or you'd just like to be recognized as a fairly smart and reasonable individual, you will take my advice and STAY HOME tomorrow. Don't go shopping, don't go browsing, don't go out to eat. You have enough food in the house already. There will be plenty to watch on TV, there will be people to chat with online. In short I'm sure you can find something to do at home, tomorrow, instead of delaying me from my errands by being out on these Albany (Colonie) streets. Give Len a break.

We have now reached the Holiday Season. As you can tell, Len may have turned into a curmudgeon. You know, there is a fine line between being cynical and being a curmudgeon. I hope to always lean to the left side of that, but as I get older I wonder if I'm just a curmudgeonly complainer.

Naaaahhhh.....can't be that. I'm vibrant, baby! My shit is fresh!! I've got MAD stuff to say. I was, am and will ALWAYS be THE Man. You know it. I know it. And we wouldn't have it any other way, would we? AND WHY???? SAY IT!! SAY IT!! SCREAM FOR ME, HELSINKI!!!
LEN IS RIGHT!! LEN IS RIGHT!! LEN IS RIGHT!!! Give yourselves a hand for being RIGHT. You deserve it.
I Love You, my Minions.
I am,
Len Tollerton

No comments: