Saturday, November 17, 2007

TURKEY TRAVEL AND OLD WOOD

Minions of mine!!
I hope the weekend finds you all well and healthy. So...how many of you are travelling out of town for Thanksgiving? This is the busiest travel weekend of the year, even moreso than Christmas. You'll be hard-pressed to find any discount tickets, plane or train.

When I was a kid, we used to travel from Albany to Utica for T-Day at my grandmother's house. Do any of you from the Northeast remember the blizzard and 2-feet of snow on Thanksgiving in the early 70's? It took my father 5 hours to drive what usually takes 1 1/2 hours. Knock wood, we haven't had any serious snowfall in November in a bunch of years. It seems that the snow doesn't really start hammering around here till mid December, if at all.

Anyway, if you ARE travelling, please be careful and try to keep a positive attitude. Long lines, both at the ticket window or on the highways can get under people's skin. By keeping positive and trying to smile when situations become a pain in the ass, you'd be surprised on how much better a time you'll have when you get to your destination. Enjoy the day.

OLD WOOD AT THE ROADHOUSE
This coming Friday evening (after 9:00), I'll be joining Roy the G. B. King and whoever else shows up at Cheer's Roadhouse on Fuller Rd. in Colonie, to see our friend Jeff the Palooka's band, Old Wood. They play covers of stuff from the 60's to present-day. You'll hear anything from ZZ Top, Santana, The Allman Brothers, to stuff by John Mayer, Matchbox 20, and the like. They have a pretty good following of friends and family in the crowd, and since it's the night after Thanksgiving, I'm sure the joint will be rockin'. For once, they're playing on a Friday night. They usually are out on Saturdays, which limits me because I have to go to work at 12:00 and can only stay for the first set. This time, I'll be able to hang out for a while. Luckilly, the place is a 1 and 1/2 minute drive from my house. I can walk home if I get over-served.

Okay, that's it for now. Just wanted to post and stay in touch. Roy and Chuck have been giving me a hard time for not posting over the last few months. So now, your gonna hear alot of inane shit just to appease those guys...my minions. My brothers. They smartly get on my case, because they have become RIGHT. And you know that to be Right, you need your fix of LEN IS RIGHT!

Peace and be well.
I am,
Len Tollerton

No comments: