Sunday, August 27, 2006

SORRY FOR THE LAPSE

Hello friends:
Took some time off from writing as the bathroom project progressed. Just back on this Sunday evening to speak on a couple of things.

BERNADINI
Saturday's Travers Stakes from Saratoga went as expected, as Bernadini ran away with the Midsummer Derby. The Graveyard of Champions did not claim another victim as not only did the Prohibitive Favorite win, but the second favorite, Bluegrass Cat, came in second. This made the Travers one of the worst payout races ever. When the Exacta pays $5.00 you know it was a walk. It really wasn't even worth betting. I think if you ended up betting $1000 to win on Bernadini, you ended up winning $350. Does that make sense? Great looking horse, though.

T.O.
I think when Dallas signed Terrell Owens, the football fans of America hoped beyond hope that we could just have a relatively quiet Pre-Season. Nope. And now, though we aren't surprised, we have to endure the endless droning of the sports media as we allow T.O. to make his spectacle, and a great football coach is led to distraction and embarassment as he has to spin everything to calm said media. I blame the media for many of the world's problems. The over-hype of everything bombs us every day to take people's minds off of the real problems, and thus, numbs us to alot.

By the way, does anyone but me remember T.O., in his rookie year, in a playoff game against the Packers, catching the winning touchdown with no time left on the clock, holding onto the ball after getting blasted by the Green Bay defender, then melting into a puddle of tears? Well, I remember. And I thought he was a humble person who was a good teammate. This was one of those rare times that LEN WAS WRONG!! Obviously he was crying because he realized what kind of a payday one catch would bring him. HE'S DIRT!!

Anyway.......watch Owens have a near-record year with Drew Bledsoe and lead Dallas to the NFC Title Game. This would, of course, feed Owens' ego and demands an All-You-Can-Eat Buffet that would sicken a professional eater. Or, we could get lucky and he could go down with an ACL in the first game, and he'd have to go back to quietly earning his living as a Receiver. So tired...please go away and leave me to my football season.

ETCETERA.....................
For those who made it to the house on Friday, thanks so much for the great time. There were a couple of SNAFUS, but I, for one, had a great time and I'm glad you were there. We all don't see each other that often and I'm glad we could get together for some fun and drinks.

To my friend from Carolina, thanks for making it. It meant alot. $10, indeed!!

We ate at Red Robin today. Food is pretty good for what you get. Good burgers with some originality, and big bottomless french fries. The place is your typical chain theme restaurants of which I'm not that fond. I always enjoy my meal, but the crowds and principle of the things turns me off. Anyway.we enjoyed our time.

Hopefully back soon with something more substantive.
I am,
Len Tollerton, and I AM RIGHT.
Especially with the tent.

No comments: