Tuesday, June 17, 2008

BYE, BYE WILLIE

Minions:
The Mets fired Willie Randolph and two of his coaches last night. I've always liked Willie, but I thought there was some serious fire lacking this year. And while I think the fault lies, ultimately, with the players, I just don't think they've been playing like they were hungry...like in 2006.

I think Billy Wagner was right when he made an offhand comment to the tune of, "Go ask the guys who played the game. Oh, that's right, they already left." I think the Mets probably wouldn't be remiss in firing Omar Minaya, too. I haven't liked the fact that he's been going after, or sticking with, players who are beyond their prime. It's time to make this team young again, and develop the Minor League talent, or trade for guys who are still hungry and in their 20's.

Every once in a while you have to have a shake-up. Maybe this will be the wakeup call for the Mets. Maybe it's time for Fred Theadore to be named as manager. He ceretainly couldn't do any worse than anyone else. (Fred is a friend, if you don't know him already.)

Can we lure Bobby Valentine back from Japan? At least he got ejected from a game for arguing once in a while. JEEEEEEZZZ.

I am,
Len Tollerton

No comments: