Sunday, June 29, 2008

EDDIE IZZARD AT RADIO CITY AND GET SMART

Hello minions:
Well, I awake today a little sleepy. The family and I got back from NY City on the train at 2:30 a.m. after seeing comedian/actor Eddie Izzard at Radio City Music Hall. By the time we got into bed, it was about 3:00.

First off, I'd like to say thanks to my friend, Marc Reiter in NYC, for hooking us up with great seats to a Sold Out show. We ended up sitting Center Stage around the 12th Row. My family and I are big fans of Eddie Izzard, because of his previous standup routine, Dressed To Kill, and his roles in Oceans 12 and a bunch of other stuff. He is also currently starring with Minnie Driver on TV's The Riches, in case you don't know who he is. All you need to remember is ,"CAKE OR DEATH!"

Eddie's comedy is actually history-based. What I mean is, he goes through world history and gives his extremely humorous take on the events that have shaped the world. And I'm talking all the way back to the dinosaur age.

Because of a late-departing train, we weren't able to have a proper sit-down dinner when we got to the City. So, we did the tourist hotdogs from a cart and a gyro for me. The walking traffic on this day was very heavy. I mean, there were times when there were a hundred people in an intersection and no one was moving, cause there was no place to go. I heard one native NYer say, "Well, I guess it's tourist season." After the show, the walking traffic was even heavier, because all of the theaters were letting out. (Obviously we were right around Broadway and Times Square, so that's to be expected.) We ended up jumping into cabs in both directions because of the humidity and traffic. Didn't feel like showing up to the show all sweaty.

Anyway...Eddie Izzard was a scream and we all really enjoyed the show. So much so, that at breakfast this morning, we were all quoting lines from Izzard's routine that we remembered. That's how we work it at the Tollerton house.

GET SMART
Alright, whether you were a fan of the TV show, or never ever saw it, I'm going to recommend that you go see Get Smart at the movies. You will laugh your ass off. Steve Carrell and Alan Arkin are both very funny. There was on scene where we could hardly breathe, because we were laughing so hard. The kids liked it alot, too, but I think PT and I enjoyed it more because we were familiar with the original show.

If you're looking for some comedic entertainment this summer, I recommend going to see Get Smart. Very funny and the theater is Air Conditioned. Do this because.............................. LEN IS RIGHT!!

I love ya, America. Be well.
I am,
Len Tollerton

No comments: