Monday, January 07, 2008

2ND BEST=LOSER

Hello Folks:

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I know my friends in Florida are bumming about the Buccaneers losing to the Giants, but are happy about the Jags beating the Steelers. Here is the LEN IS RIGHT take on the NFL Playoffs: Of all of the teams in the AFC Playoffs, I believe the ONLY team that the Patriots DIDN'T want to see was the Jaguars.

Here's why. The Pats have already defeated the Colts and know what makes them tick. Same with the Chargers. You couldn't have been impressed by the game San Diego played against the Titans. The Pats dominated the Steelers and the Titans weren't going anywhere. The Jags, however, are a team with a ferocious Defense who have this uncanny knack for beating teams they have no business beating, on the road. True, Jags QB, David Garrard, will have to step up and play a consistent game. The Pats have shown, recently, that they can give up points. If the Jags can score a few times, they may be able to hold the Pats in check. I don't think it'll really happen, but I think the Jags are the only AFC team that can beat the Patriots.

In the NFC it'll be Dallas over the Packers to go to the Super Bowl. I think the Giants will come back to reality this week, and the Seahawks could make it close, but the Pack will be led by Favre to the NFC Championship game.

2ND BEST MEANS YOU'RE A LOSER
Played poker with Roy, the GB King, Chuck, the E o D, DotCom, and Justin the Extreme over the weekend. I was the big loser (only $80...not too bad), but a tenet of poker hit home while I was getting fleeced by my friends. When you're 2nd best at the poker table, you are the loser. And I was 2nd best several times. The best one was, while playing a hand of Omaha, I got the Ace-High Flush on the Turn, only to have the guy I went All-In against pull his Full House on the River to sink the sword into my rib-cage. UGH. Don't be 2nd best if you can avoid it.

2 SONGS TO CHECK OUT
I don't have links to give you right now, but if you get the chance, check out these 2 songs:

1.-The Pot by Tool--A hard rock song that is ABSOLUTELY thumping. Tool is a strange band of superior musicians who play with different time-signatures within their songs. This song is a 6-minute epic that just is all over the place but is just an excellent song. If you can take some hard rock, think about downloading it just to check out

2.--Ice Queen by Within Temptation--This song is in the style of Progressive Metal (symphonic/Gothic) and is a really great song. What makes it so special is the undeniable talent of the singer Sharon Den Adel. Her voice is high and powerful and you wouldn't think she belongs in a band like this. But she really sings beautifully, and the song rocks. This band is from the Netherlands and is really talented. If you get the chance, go to YouTube and type in Within Temptation and look for the video for Ice Queen. Very cool imagery, fantastic song. They also do a killer version of Kate Bush's Running Up That Hill. Definitely worth checking out.

While you're at YouTube, also check out a similar band, Nightwish, and their song NEMO. Very good song. Even though you may not be into this type of music, just check out the voices on the female singers in Within Temptation and Nightwish, and the fantastic musicianship from the American band Tool. I think you'll get some appreciation out of it.

Okay, that's all for now. Be Well and Be RIGHT.
I am,
Len Tollerton

1 comment:

LRExpress said...

So I guess the Ricky Bobby adage applies here: "If you're not first, you're last."