Friday, January 04, 2008

QUICK KUDOS TO JESS

Hey people:
Just a quick post to congratulate a young friend of mine (and maybe yours, too), Jessica Koehler, for getting her first by-line and story as a Staff Writer for the Albany Times Union. Jess is the daughter of good friends Kevin and Barb Koehler of Albany (Kev is Connor's godfather--he also works at Amtrak). She attends Russell Sage College in Troy, NY and I believe she is majoring in Journalism.

I've known Jess for most of her life and I've never known a girl who was so into sports, especially College Hoop and Volleyball. She is a BIG fan of my cousin, Matt Carroll of the Charlotte Bobcats in the NBA and (unfortunately) a die-hard Atlanta Braves fan...at least until they traded Marcus Giles away to the Padres.

You can read her story at www.timesunion.com Click on the Sports Section, go to high-school sports and look for the headline reading "Powell lifts unbeaten Chatham." Here is the actual link to the page where the story is. I don't know if it'll work, so if not, just use the path I described.
http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=652342&category=HSSPORTS&BCCode=&newsdate=1/4/2008

So, Jess, I want to congratulate you publicly and wish you the best of luck in a field that I know you love. It's important to do something you have passion for and you seem to be on the right track. Maybe after you get out of college, the offers from USA Today, ESPN, or Fox Sports will come in droves. Chase your dream, kid, and don't let anybody dissuade you from getting what you want. This is the first step. The journey is a long one, but you've made a good start. Chase the Dream.

Chant it out for her, everybody...LEN IS RIGHT!! LEN IS RIGHT!! LEN IS RIGHT!!
Peace to my people here on Earth.
I am,
Len Tollerton

No comments: