Tuesday, January 15, 2008

FOOTBALL PARTY

Hello my Minions:
This past weekend saw the end-of-the-year party for my Fantasy Football League. I am the Commissioner (in name only) and Social Director, so I got to run things. I think I may have made one hell of a Cruise Director for Royal Caribbean or some such organization, I just don't look too good in a skirt (see past posts on hairiness).

First off, I'd like to thank Melissa and Rob Lindley (Lady Hunter and the Bounty Hunter) for securing for the league the party spot. The clubhouse at Horizon Ridge is very comfortable with many nice features for holding parties. M&R have been coming through for us over the last few years and I know everyone that attends really appreciates it.

For those of you that received my mis-sent email about the TV, Roy the G.B. King took care of us on that one. Thanks Roy, there probably wouldn't have been too much of a party w/o the TV. Everything else went off without a hitch. Food was good football games were good, and the poker tourney went off without any problems and we even had a surprise winner.

Because of illnesses, we had only 14 players for the tourney. After getting down to a Final table, the players tightened up a bit. There were only a few highlights. Rob the B.H. bent the Rainman over and sent him to the rail. Then Chuck the E.o.D. went All-In with King-Queen against this older gent who was a guest. He happened to be holding a pair of 7's. Well, you could see it coming a mile away, as Chuck's hand didn't improve, the 7's held up and Chuck did his best Phil Helmuth impression as he tried not to go into full-blown tantrum state. Later the older guy (Uncle Phil...not my uncle) went All-In and I was the only one who'd play with him. I was holding King-10 suited. Just as before, Uncle Phil was holding 7's and my hand didn't improve and Uncle Phil had new life.

At one point Rob the B.H. had the chip lead. but after a few devastating losses Rob was sent to the rail in 5th place. That left myself, Uncle Phil, Roy the G.B. King (widely considered the best tourney player of our group), and Brian the Kaos Kid. We played for alot of hands before Roy knocked me out when I couldn't draw the Flush on the end. I was happy to cash in the tourney, cause I get distracted when I am running the show and don't always play my best. Uncle Phil's luck came to an end a few hands later. He was very happy to have done so well.

That brought it down to Roy and Brian. I think the general feeling was that Roy was the favorite in this scenario because he plays very tough when he's heads up w/another player. But when Brian went on a streak, winning 15 hands in a row, Roy knew he was in trouble. Shortly thereafter, Brian ended Roy's hope of taking home the Champion's plaque, and Brian was handed the Title and $400. This is Brian's first win in one of our tourneys (Football league or Daytona Ave.) and he was very happy and, I think, a little relieved. However, his brother, Kevin the Roller, would not congratulate him, saying, "I thought Roy would win...that's who my money was on." Brian calls Kevin "The Lifehater." Kevin's family call him "The Angry Man."

By the way, the League crowned Fred Theadore and the LR Express the Champion of our League for the 2nd year in a row, and his 4th title in 15 years. Fred has been in 8 of the last 12 Finals. He also won his other league this year. He has an uncanny ability to draft the right guys, make the right mid-season moves, and start the right players. He also seems to have INCREDIBLE luck. But that's a whole other post. Congrats to Fred, ya bastard.

GREETINGS TO MY FRIENDS
I'd like to take this time to send greetings to all my friends and loved ones who are not in the area or who I don't see very often. L.E.B. in Fonda; My cool friend Tom the Big Game Hunter down South; Uncle Bob the Mixologist; Deb,The LOVELY Wiccan; My loving family members in Utica, NY (Tollertons and Grotevants, et al); Jim "The Curmudgeon" Bashford; Deb, my friend at KeyBank; Dave and Steve down in N.C. (my cousins...2 very cool individuals); Dick and Aggie in FLA; The Rockabilly Corteses (and the Boneshakers); Marc the Actor in L.A.; Henry the World Traveler; Marc who manages Metallica; Paul the Judge(and a HUGE Packers fan); She Who Is In Hell (Jen, time for a new name); Mike W. having fun in the Iraqi desert; and the ever-vaunted BVA down in Sanford (F*&K the Giants).

Just a little shout-out to y'all. Stay right, people. And keep on visiting LEN IS RIGHT.

Peace on this day.
I am,
Len Tollerton

2 comments:

Book Diva said...

OK I'm ready for a new name....any ideas???

Anonymous said...

How about "Coming Around Jen?" Because things are better than they were and are coming around.

Later, we could change it to "Jen Came." Of course, no one would know which way to go with that one. Maybe we should just call you "Jen Came," anyway. It's, at least, hopeful.

Okay, everyone, it's Official. She Who Is In Hell is now known as Jen Came. This news will be posted as a blog post also.